Looking to make sound financial decisions and looking for a detailed property inspection report?
At Architect Inspect, we recommend that prospective buyers inform themselves about every aspect of the property they are looking to purchase before making the final decision. Unforeseen building issues can cost tens of thousands of dollars to fix so it is important that as a purchaser, you arm yourself with as much information as possible. Our complete range of inspection services will give you the confidence to make an informed choice. Avoid problems and unforeseen costs after purchase by getting the full picture about the condition of the property before you buy. Our reports will assist you to understand areas of concern, potential cost outlays and determine the true value of the property. They may also assist you to negotiate a better price. Our building inspections in Melbourne are accompanied by a detailed report designed to identify minor and major structural concerns so that you are aware of the renovation and repair costs involved. Our team of professionally qualified inspectors provide the detailed report within 24 hours to ensure that the property is structurally sound, and that you get excellent value for money.
Comprehensive Pre-purchase Building Inspections in Melbourne
When commissioning a per-purchase property inspection, it is important to find an inspector who is has the specialist tools for the job. They should also be insured, qualified and understand building costs within the context of the construction and property industry. The items within the building that are checked will need to be tailored according to the property, at a minimum, the following checks should be completed:
- Doors and windows – They should easily open and not get caught in their frames, particularly in areas such as bedrooms where ventilation is important.
- Mold or damp around the skirting boards or ceilings. Has there been a paint job done to cover up mold?
- Sagging ceilings or walls which may indicate structural issues.
- Rotting or dampness to floorboards.
- Plumbing and taps
- Corrosion, rust and other kinds of damage.
- Review the hot water system for size and age, and check for damp in all wet areas.
- Electrical and lighting and look at the fuse box to evaluate circuitry age and check if there is an Earth Leakage Safety Switch.
- Roof, drainpipes and guttering.
- Cracking or defects on the walls
- Energy efficiency rating (if any) and insulation
- Noise levels and acoustics in different parts of the property.
- Smells which may indicate issues with damp or plumbing.
- Ask you inspector to ensure that the inspection is carried out in accordance with Australian Standard 4349.1 and 4349.3 -2007 which covers Building Inspections.
Choosing the Best Building Inspection Service in Melbourne
Ensure that you use a suitably qualified person like a licensed builder with an unlimited licence, an architect or a surveyor to provide a professional building inspection report of the property. With a thorough assessment, you can see through the cosmetic improvements that cover the faults that might otherwise be missed by the untrained eye.
At Architect Inspect, we provide reports that are detailed and comply with Australian Standards. Our inspectors have over 20 years of experience and we are professionally trained. We will carefully check the property to identify any significant defects that could cost you money down the track. For all your needs for building and pest inspection, we are the experts you can trust. Call us (03) 9602 5304 at Architect Inspect and we will help you make the right purchase decision with our reports.